A: Registration to EXPERT SHIPPING is absolutely free. You only pay the shipping costs according to the details of your shipment.
A: When managing international ground shipments, you can choose your preferred broker, depending on the carrier you choose to ship with. However, it is the recipient of the package who has the final say as to the identity of the broker. If the recipient has sent the carrier their preference for a permanent broker, this decision will take precedence over your preference.
A: Carriers automatically include brokerage fees in their freight charges. Customs clearance, however, depends on the country of destination and must be paid by the consignee upon final delivery.
R Here is a list of the most common export documents you may need.
1. Commercial Invoice : it is necessary for all undocumented shipments leaving the country. This document is used by the customs services to identify authorized, restricted or prohibited items and to collect taxes.
2. FDA : This document is required when food, medication or radiation therapy equipment is shipped to the United States.
3. FCC : an export document required for radio-frequency equipment to the United States. Devices such as computers, monitors, television receivers, cabling systems, low-power transmitters, unlicensed personal communication devices, etc., require the FCC.
4. B13a : This document is used for all merchandise with a value greater than $2,000 CAD that leaves Canada to a country other than the United States, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
5. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) : This document is required when chemicals, water samples and EPA (Environmental Protection Act) regulated products are transported to the United States.
R : This rarely happens, but we have witnessed it in the past. It usually occurs when a package is not strong enough to withstand the journey and breakage, releasing its contents. These bulk items are usually sent to the carrier's returns department. We can assist you in locating the items, if they appear on the commercial invoice and if you provide us with a detailed description of the package, its value and the day number of the recipient so that we can ensure delivery.
A: Yes, EXPERT SHIPPING is for individuals as well as companies. We have special services for individuals, which you can consult on our "Services" page.
A: When using EXPERT SHIPPING, there are no accounting or shipping fees for using EXPERT SHIPPING.
A: The prices offered to you are exactly based on the information you provide us. They include the carrier's base rate, fuel surcharge, extended area surcharge (if applicable), HST or GST (if applicable) and our shipping charges. No brokerage fees, taxes or other charges are added.
A: Where applicable (based on shipping and delivery details), prices quoted include GST and HST. International shipments are generally exempt from this amount.
A: If the shipping label you created is not used, you will not be charged for the shipment.